It is always a good idea to introduce some change in our lives. We often tend to become unproductive and unhappy when we live in a constant, unchanging environment amidst the same routine. To start afresh, why not reboot your living room design? While the task may sound daunting, it truly is rewarding. We are confused about where to start? Don’t worry when we’re here to help you! We have studied various products and designs on the Wakefit website and curated a list of the top living room trends right now.
Undoubtedly, the living room is the soul of the house. It is also the room where house members spend most of the time. When you have visitors coming over, they are often seated in the living room. So it’s important that you care about what they see here as your living room literally represents your personality.
So let us look at the trending Living Room Décor Ideas that are taking the internet by a storm:
- Embrace Scandinavian living space: The Scandinavian interior design is amongst the top trending living room designs in 2022. It focuses on combining minimalism and cosiness to create a nature-inspired lounge which promises to offer you an aesthetic environment to relax in after a long day at work. The Scandinavian style makes use of light and airy materials, simple shapes and stresses the cosiness factor. Think white marbles, light wooden living room furniture and muted green sofas, and you have nailed it!
- Open a portal to nature from your living room: Make use of nature-inspired living room designs and colours to experience a natural eye-soothing ambience in your lounge. There are a variety of biophilic designs of wallpapers which give you a glimpse of nature. Pair it with organic materials and natural textures like wood and stone, and make use of natural elements like plants, water and fire to immerse your living room in nature. Add potted plants to your living room wall shelves and create large windows to enhance the overall visual appeal.
- Attractive visual displays: Use elaborate, exposed shelving to display your décor, collectives, and prized possessions to add a touch to your personality and enhance your lounge’s visual appeal. Use bold showcases made of dark brown wood and match them with appropriate lights and lamps for the living room to create a strong impact.
- Use a projector to create out-of-world visuals: Transform your lounge into an outer-worldly place by using a projector. Get creative and experiment with the type of visuals you would portray on your big screen. The best thing about this trend is it’s easy to install, less expensive and highly customisable. You can also alternatively use a projector instead of a huge LED to save up floor space, utilise your wall, and have a cinematic viewing experience in your favourite cosy armchair.
- Sofa set: Use your sofa as the guiding factor in deciding the colours of the entire living room: The sofa is undoubtedly the central furniture of any living room. Explore living room furniture sets online to find out the best one. Then mix and match the other accessories such as your living room furniture using an appropriate colour combination.
- Use multi-functional furniture: Do not clutter your lounge with a lot of furniture. For instance, use a wooden coffee table for your living space which can also store magazines, decorative pieces, and other accessories.
- Use sectional sofas to demarcate your living space: Comfort is a basic necessity in any living room, and no other sofa can provide the ultimate comfort except the large, sectional sofa set. Use a large, expansive best sofa for the living room made of soft and light materials like linen and corduroys to bounce into instant warmth and comfort.
- The window seat: It is a unique trend in living room designs in 2022. Quite simply, one of the seating sections is aligned to the window using a bench propped under the window. Make it comfortable by using soft cushions. Seat yourself and look out the window to ponder your thoughts or read a book under the sunlight.
- Mix and match contrasting colours: It is boring to use the same repetitive combination of colours for your living room. Go wild with experimentation and use furniture of contrasting colours and textures in your living room to enlighten your living space and give it life.
- Add modern furniture to vintage décor: What seems like an odd combination is actually a trending living room design. Enliven your vintage-style living room ambience by pairing it with modern furniture to overlap different time zones in a single reality.
- Arouse interest with murals: Use your wall to create a mural and make it the highlight of your living room. This is especially a great idea for art fanatics to show off their creativity and express themselves. The feature wall would speak to your visitors and engage their curiosity.
So which living room idea sparked a chord in you? Which design completes your dream living room space? Try and find out!