You are ready to own a gaming setup and have probably decided on the console you want. The next obvious purchase is a gaming monitor. There is no dearth of choices in this category, and you can be quite spoilt for choices. Today, you can buy a PrimeCables 4k gaming monitor for less than $500. In this post, we are sharing all the tips you need to know to find that perfect gaming monitor.
- Go for high resolution. When it comes to gaming, you at least need a Full HD (FHD) screen, which ensures sharp visuals. The higher the resolution, the better immersive experience you can expect. There are many gamers who wouldn’t stop at anything but a 4K monitor.
- Pick the right size. You don’t want a very huge gaming monitor, because it would be hard to keep track of all that’s happening on the screen. A 32-inch gaming monitor should be the largest for most gamers, but a sweet spot would be around 28-inch.
- Bigger refresh rate. This is the number of times the image on screen is updated per minute, and when it comes to the refresh rate, bigger is always better. At the least, think of 60 Hz refresh rate, although 120 Hz works better.
- Response time should be shorter. This is again something that matters for buying monitors, especially for gaming needs. Longer response time can impact videos and action happening on the screen.
- Panel type is important. If you are on a budget and don’t want to spend a fortune, we would highly recommend a TN panel. IPS panels offer better color reproduction and could be a decent choice too.
Setting the budget
When it comes to picking a gaming monitor, it is wise to have a budget in mind. For instance, you may want to restrict your budget to just $500 for now, especially when you are buying the first one. The better panel tech and features you want, the more you have to pay. Also, curved monitors could be a nice choice if you don’t mind spending a tad more.
Buying the right gaming monitor is also about your needs. Go online and check for websites that have more options and better deals, and before you make a choice, do check the reviews of a gaming monitor. Ensure that the product has at least some warranty.